Sunday, September 14, 2008

Great Weekend





So, we had the best weekend. On Friday I rode the bike with Abi in the trailer to the Library and she had the best time. She made some friends and loved to hear her voice echo and I'm sure everyone else loved it too. I checked out some books on how to draw because honestly--i can't draw a thing unless i have a mouse in my hand. Anyone know and want to teach me? I'll give babysitting as a trade!

Friday night the three of us went to the Monte L. Bean Museum (the museum of stuffed animals of the dead type) at BYU--which is free and open till 11 p.m. (random time don't you think?). Abi LOVED it! She was all smiles when we first started and she stood below the bears and looked up at them and laughed. She also laughed at the turkeys downstairs--except i don't ever want to go down there again because tons of the animals just have cotton balls for eyes and that is freaky--other than that it was cool.

On Saturday we rode up to Bridal Veil Falls--yeah we finally made it all the way up there. Abi slept in the bike trailer the whole way and then we had a picnic at Nunns park and Abi rode down the slide in the playground. She likes it but is still a little unsure of the slides.

I officially finished weaning Abi on Friday. It is kind of bittersweet. I wish I could have nursed her longer but my body just can't handle it. I miscarried in August and my body and mind have been out of wack since. I wasn't going to tell anyone but I have found that the more people I tell, the better I have felt about the whole thing. I guess sometimes we have to share each others burdens and somehow by sharing, they really are less burdensome. Miscarriages are never fun, but I'm finally starting to feel better and get on with life and enjoying the wonderful little girl I have.
Anyway, I'm so glad we're over colds and teething (at least for the time being right?) and that Abi is so much happier because she feels good. It feels like the worst punishment and torture when she is sick or teething because she certainly isn't as happy and I don't blame her. The only compensation is that it is night and day difference when she is better and so happy again.
Oh, and a funny story from church today. A sister in our ward picked up Abi today and held her for a few minutes during class. Abi took the woman's bracelet off and then put it on her own wrist. She is already accessorizing. She had to have a teething ring around her arm this afternoon because she thought it was a bracelet and she got mad whenever it fell off. She is such a girl and I love her for it!
The pictures above are of Abi and her cousins Lizzie & Jane in their matching outfits from Grandma. It's amazing what a good camera can do.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage--I had one too right before we got pregnant with Sydney.

It amazed me just how common it is—it's still hard, but it seems that everyone these days has a way to relate.

The pictures are cute!

Michelle said...

I think the key to getting through something like that is being open about it with those around you. Heavenly Father blessed us with family and friends so we can help one another. I hope you're feeling better. You're such a great mom!