Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Angel

My Angel

My heart is aching and overwhelmed.
My pain is consuming and deep
I trust in my Savior and He delivers me.
He’s carried me through another day

I’m grateful for the time I had
to be touched by your sweet and gentle spirit.
I wish I could have had you longer
I wish I could have held you in my arms.

I understand that you had to go
That your body wouldn’t have survived
I wish my body could have given more to you
But this is how it had to be.

Your life was a blessing to me.
You came during a dark abyss.
You gave me hope and joy
I needed you and I so wish you could have stayed

Our home is always welcome
Please come visit us and stay
Please be our guarding angel
Give Jesus all our love.

When I see you in Heaven
And can embrace you in my arms
You’ll know the love of your mother
We’ll never be separated again.

Your mommy will always love you
I will never forget you!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

That is really sweet.

Jenny said...

So sorry for your loss Dedra, hope you are doing okay, let me know if you just need to get out and do something, I'm more than willing to hang out any time. Love you guys, prayers are with you.

Betancourt Family said...

That's beautiful

Matt and Linds said...

I'm sorry to hear Dedra. I know what you're going through. Call me sometime...the girls might be able to play together now that they're older!

April said...

That is a beautiful poem.

Michelle said...

Ah you made me cry. There is nothing so sweet as the connection between mother and child. Even if you never see the child on this Earth. I feel the same way about the one I lost.