Abi update! Abi is amazing and wonderful and we just can't help loving her more everyday. She now has at least 16 teeth. She now says "What's that?" "Cat" (with a very strong "T" sound at the end) and I do believe she said Grandma and Papa tonight. She is a DANCING MACHINE. She loves to dance and she always wants us to turn on the radio so she can rock out. She taps her toes, twirls while on her tippy toes, lifts her right leg (its only ever the right), bounces, and now she is adding hand and arm motions. She likes to twirl until she is dizzy and she gets up to start again before she has even regained her balance.
Abigail is a very good helper. She helps us load and unload the dishwasher, she grabs rags from the drawer and "washes" the floor for me. She throws garbage away and she also tries to sweep. She now somewhat understands when I ask her to put things away and she is beginning to do that to.
She is beginning to climb more and more. We're grateful she hasn't been that interested in until now. She loves to run around, especially in her squeaker shoes.
We just love Abigail. She is such a blessing to us. Even on our worst days, we still feel so grateful to have her.
Oh, and a funny story. Several weeks ago my Mother-in-law watched Abi so I could go to an appointment or something. When I got back, we played for a little while and then I got her ready to go. I told her we were going and I started walking towards the door with her behind me. I said something like "Bye-bye" and she stopped and started waving at me. She thought I was leaving again and she was perfectly fine with staying and playing at Grandmas. Silly kid.
Meet up with Malou 2026
7 months ago
4 comments:
Its kind of bitter sweet when they start to become a little independent and not need mom every second, yet its fun to know that they're secure too:) What a cutie!
My are at the point where they know how fun grandma is and often prefer her over me:) What do you do? Its grandma.
insert 'mine' for 'my'... I hate typos... I make them way too often!
oh I can't believe how fast it goes. She is such a doll Dedra! That is a cute story, also nice to know that she doesn't mind when you are out for a little bit.
Post a Comment