Friday, March 27, 2009

Retraction, Mom Cut, First Accident, She's Growing Up, and Musings &Babblings

So for the Retraction. My last entry praised Shannon Hale. However I hadn't yet read Austenland. I read it a few days after I published that post and I am so dissapointed. I'm not a big fan of pride and prejudice anyway but I felt there was so much innappropriate stuff in that book for an LDS author. I figured she would have a wonderfully clean book and I was so sad to find it wasn't. Shame on you. I thought the plot was intriguing as hers always are but the language and suggestive talk is pathetic. Anyway, enough of that... onward to the

MOM CUT
So I gave in and got the "mom cut" and I love it. I really don't care how it looks because anything is better than the rats nest I've had of late. Apologies to Cousin Julie and Sarah for not calling you. It was either I get it cut in the next half hour or I'm doing it myself. Anyway, I'm happy with it and Abi doesn't care because she can still play with it and she loves to comb it.

First Accident
So Abi's elbow got hyper-extended a couple of weeks ago. She was miraculously blessed though with healing as it only took 3 days to regain full use as opposed to over a week the doctor predicted. Here is a picture of her holding her hurt arm. She was so quick to adapt and use only the one. She was getting into the bath--that's why I hadn't washed her face yet.

She's Growing Up!


She's obsessed with this hat.

I think if you poked that dimple, your finger would get lost.

Sleeping Angel

Our neighbor Melissa gave us this kitchen set. Abi loves it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Abi and her hunk of a Daddy (her favorite person in the world)

Falling asleep at the table. I tried to clean her up but everytime I took the apple away, she'd wake up, grab it back and take another bite and then return to this pose.

Our "Tom-Boy" Princess. This is what she looked like after she rolled in the dirt and proceeded to rub her snotty face in the dirt. Lovely eh? She had the best time. It's worth more laundry.

My grandparents visited us last week. Abi loved my grandpa! They had so much fun together!

This is the new fashion don't you know.

Helping me make granola. MMM... it is yummy and oh so healthy!

I was glad it got cold again so she could wear this new hand-me-down dress we got. Isn't she stinkin cute in it?
Musings & Babblings
I've been writing down some fun things about Abi and I haven't posted them yet so some of these are back from January--
January
Said "Buh-Bye" perfectley
"I gave Abi a sucker today and she was so sweet to share. Whenever it was in my mouth, she was making licking motiions and smacking her lips.
Says All-done and Yeah
February
Abi got up on her hands and knees, pointed to her bummy with one hand and let out a really big fart. Sorry if that is offensive. Toot doesn't do the loudness justice.
Abi woke up at about 4:00 a.m. and talked to her teddy "Oopsy Bear" for about 20 minutes.
March
While I was going to the bathroom one day, Abi tore off some toilett paper and tried to wipe my bummy! Wow. That was odd to say the least.
Said Potty, the letter "A" and dog in one day.
She blew raspberries at me when I farted. I guess she thought I was just blowing raspberries at her.
In the last few days she's started saying heart, star, the letter "B", hot, and will attempt most words you ask her. I asked her to say love the other day and she gave me a kiss. It's great. If she's not in the mood to give us kisses though, she shakes her said and says no.
WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, raising our 1 year old. She is so amazing and we are having a blast--even on days where she throws tiny tantrums we still agree--she is wonderful!

8 comments:

Heather said...

What fabulous pictures! And the hair cut is darling!

Anonymous said...

"Shame on you"? I'm not sure placing yourself as the judge to cast shame on someone is much of a step above suggestive language.

Anonymous said...

If suggestive language, etc. doesn't merit some form of shame, then what does???

Michelle said...

I agree she's growing up too quickly, but she is so smart, her body has to keep up with her mind. I liked Austenland for a quick read but it was definitely not nearly as good as the rest of her stuff. I kept looking at the cover to see if it was really Shannon Hale.

kris said...

Yeah I think Shannon Hale should stick to youth novels- her adult one was boring and I felt the same as you. So cute! Love the short hair :)

Unknown said...

OOOh I love the hair. it fits you very well.I liked austenland. I thought it was funny. Anyway, I never got those pictures so I might still some off your blog if it will let me.

Nancy T said...

At least you have the courage to express your opinions and beliefs without having to hide behind "anonymous" I love your new haircut! Abi is so cute and kissable!

Amanda said...

I love your haircut! It's so much easier to have a low maintenance hairstyle when you're chasing a little girl around all day! And I agree with you about Austenland. Not her best book. It was a little bit stupid.