Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Unattentive, Ignorant, and Integrity Lacking Parents!

Ahhhhh! So we went to Thanksgiving Points Dinosaur Museum (everything on Tuesdays was $2.00 a person in August) last night and at the Erosion Table (a big sand and water play area) some 3ish year old boy grabbed a big ball of sand and hit Abi smack in the face. Of course, there were no parents around to notice. Me and my big belly had to climb into the kiddy area and rescue the screaming Abi (did i mention the sand/water mix has chlorine in it?) Ok, so I'm overprotective on a regular basis but I'm feeling huge and sooooooo pregnant and you just don't mess with my kid. I know accidents happen but it soooo wasn't an accident and the most frustrating part is where is his parents???
Ok, and my other raving is when we had our yard sale a few weeks back, I remember hearing some commotion by our mailbox and I looked up to see a mother and daughter looking at me really funny like. Later I realized the little girl had broken off the part of our mailbox that tells the postperson to pick up the mail and the funny look they were giving me was a "I hope she didn't just see that" look. Come on? Where is your integrity? Just tell me. Geez. So now I get to buy a new mailbox--so even though I made some money on the yard sale, I'll have to use half of it to get a stinking new mailbox when I would so rather spend it on other things. Either that or never mail anything. Hmmm..maybe none of you will get Christmas cards...
Hmmm....hopefully after the baby my hormone levels will be more normal so things like this won't bother me quite as much...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh i hated being pregnant, it always made me so bugged with things that shouldn't make one so mad! i felt so negative all the time. good luck! i feel your pain!

Rosalee said...

I'm not pregnant and those type of things still bug me. I always think when I see these things happening "what kind of example are you setting for your child?" Sorry about your mailbox! what a bummer!
And you'll have to post a picture of you and your baby bump...

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Yes so really I need to see pictures of you and of Abi. I also am not pregnant and I get so frustrated with parents who do not watch thier kids and who even may be watching thier kids but do not do anything about what their child has just done. I know how you feel. Love you girl hang in there only 62 days to go.

Jenna said...

Those type of things bug me too. Especially the lack of parental supervision. Isn't the whole point of taking your kids out in public to teach them how to act in public? Golly, good thing it was you and not me, I may have thrown a sand glob in that kids face just to get back at him. Too bad we can't arrest little kids like we can stupid adults.