Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with Sundays? I mean in some ways I love it--attending church, socializing with the saints, spending time with family, etc. But the aftermath of Sundays (and how I physically feel)--well, just see for yourself:




My 2 1/2 year old has always loved to make messes but there is something about Sundays and my preoccupation with getting ready and giving Kate a bath allows someone a little more time to run wild and pull and pull and litter and litter. You can't walk anywhere in the house on Sundays without finding things all over the floor. After church and making dinner, Richard and I were just exhausted---like usual and the resulting mess from the day wasn't cleaned up and this is the fun i get to start my week out with. :)
6 comments:
For some reason I do nto believe that these pictures are from your home. Did you get them off of google? Haha JK. Sundays are like that for me too. I do not clean on Sundays and for that reason mondays are always messy for me. However, you are amazing to do so much on sundays already with 2 little ones and a hubby gone in meetings. Being a mom is great and you are one heck of a great mom. Love you, and miss you friend!
Too funny. I was thinking of writing a similar post this morning and posting pictures of our disaster. Sundays are the worst for messes for the same reasons as you. We have to bathe everyone, get ready without dad and be early to church and stay late and the girls are so hungry after, and you get it. Ditto! I am staring at the mess this morning and it has yet to be picked up!
You are not alone in the struggle with Sunday messes. We have church at 11, and Ryan is gone from 9:15-10:30, and I cannot get us all ready and keep the house in order. And somehow we end up exhausted after church (something about 2 16 month olds), and Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest..... Good luck with the clean up! :o)
I am so anti-monday it's crazy. I was just telling Kristen that my friend once showed up on my doorstep with a jamba juice just to help me get through it. Not only do you have to deal with stuff that compiled all weekend, you get to do it alone because your hubby is off to work somewhere else that day. Oh well, at least it's only once a week.
Its dishes at our house - I usually wake up to a kitchen full of dishes. If you ever want to find me on Monday...look no further than the kitchen sink!
For me it's the endless laundry! You'd think taking ONE day off would be fine. But no, it explodes and then multiplies. Just don't answer the door on monday and then no one will see your house until after it's cleaned! Once, a neighbor kept knocking on my door on Monday morning. I literally hid on the couch. Shhhhhh.....
Post a Comment