Sunday, December 26, 2010

Denver

In October, Richard had a business trip to Denver, Colorado. Since it was relatively close he could drive and WHY NOT bring us along? We had a wonderful time traveling there and back with Daddy and spending a little bit of time at night with him. We left snow in Utah and enjoyed 75 degree weather during the days. During the day the girls and I had a blast going to the Denver Children's Museum (SOOOO WAY MORE THAN AWESOME), walking around downtown Denver, and going to the Zoo. We got to see our friends the Grays and that was SOOOO SWEET of them to invite us over to dinner! We even made it back JUST IN TIME to go trick-or-treating. We LOVED Denver and the drive out. It was soooo beautiful. We are SOOOO going to go back for a trip. And someday when we live in Spanish Fork, we'll be 20 minutes closer :).
My favorite picture from the trip:
Stretching our legs at a mall on the way:

We thought this play area at the mall was the coolest. We wished we had one in Utah. NOW we do!!! Hooray! Haven't seen it? Go to Provo Towne Center Mall by the theaters.

The night we drove in, we stopped at the Children's Museum. We were kind of raggedy from our long drive but had so much fun and we were glad Daddy could go with us. The girls and I went back the next day. I didn't take any picture that day. I had my hands full of two little girlets.


Dinner at a diner on the 6th Street Mall strip.
The zoo was awesome. There were 4 baby tigers and like 2 or 3 baby giraffes. SOOO COOL!
It was hard to take pictures when someone was doing this all day:
The girls and I walked around downtown Denver. It was an adventure. Here is an old church:
Public park (I think this is a Non-White park :) ). I turned so many heads with me and my two whiteys. We were fine as I knew we'd be. People looked pretty shocked though that I was daring enough to walk through.
The state capitol:
I tried to get Abi to stick her hand up and "pick" the nose. She refused. :(
The Grays:
Abi and Bayli became quick friends! :)

No comments: