I know its dumb but I have kept a secret for 5 years. I have very severe depression. I used to think it was just some made up excuse for being a negative, ornery cuss but I have learned it is something very, very real. It S.U.C.K.S. The term I “suffer from depression” doesn’t even do justice. It has pretty much been the worst thing that has happened to me because I can’t enjoy any of the many amazing things around me when I'm having an episode. I've kept is a secret because I've felt that people haven’t cared about the other things that have been happening to us so why would they care about this? I’m telling people now for my own sake so I can let go of my secret and maybe have a little peace from that.
1 comment:
Hey Dedra...I'm glad you're not keeping this a secret any more. I had postpartum depression with all 3 kids, and although I don't know how it compares to depression, I do know what I went through sucked. It was so awful to not feel joy, for everything to feel dark, to have no patience, and then to feel guilt for feeling the way that I did. I hope you're able to find ways to manage, cope, and heal. Love ya.
Post a Comment