Friday, April 4, 2008

AMAZING!

Abigail, like all other babies, is amazing. I can't believe how much she has grown and developed in the last 2 weeks. Here are some of her amazing facts:

  • She's pushed through 3 new teeth in the last 2 weeks.
  • She learned to clap on her own a few days ago and is soooo proud of herself.
  • She now takes steps (when she is in the mood) when you hold her hands.
  • She's an eating machine and will eat all of the different first foods with peaches, prunes, carrots & sweet potatoes as her favorites and beans & peas as her least favorite but she will eat the later two when they are combined with other veggies.
  • She drinks really well (when she wants to) from a cup.
  • She can roll from one side of the room to the other in just a few seconds.
  • She can sit on her own.
  • She loves saying "Da" and she seems to understand that it means something but can't quite figure it out yet.
  • In addition to her favorite toy--her toes--she also now loves the carpet. And of course she loves anything that isn't really a toy like the plastic spaghetti measurer, Daddy's watch, and sour cream lids.
  • She wears sunglasses and a hat when we go outside without taking them off.
  • She learned to splash in the tub last week.
  • She loves other kids and just people in general. When we walk the halls at church she always greets the other ward's members as they walk by.
  • This morning as I was about to feed Abi her banana rice cereal, I tried to help her fold her arms for prayer like I usually do when she eats. She, like usual, refused. So I put my hands together on her tray and said a prayer. When I opened my eyes, she had folded her hands right by me. It was so sweet.

Some of Abi's oddities are:

  • You know the story of the Princess and the Pea? Well, Abi is such a princess and can't go poo without first having a clean diaper. It doesn't matter what time of day, she will not poo without having a dry diaper. It's really odd.
  • Does anyone else's child make weird noises after they poo? I can always tell when she poos because she starts making weird noises by sucking air in. She's done it since she was born. Its odd and really cute at the same time.
  • She has to see everything that is going on and will only tolerate a forward-facing position when you hold her for any length of time longer than about 3 seconds.
  • She has a super-long hair on the top of her head that is like 3 inches long where all the other hairs are only about a 1/4 inch long.
  • In the morning, Abi talks a ton but she usually only whispers. I don't know if it is because I whisper to her. It is really cute!

We love your little Abi!

4 comments:

Leigh Harris said...

I know! It's so amazing how quickly they grow up and develop all these wonderful wee skills. Jack has been walking for almost 2 months now and I'm like....uh...didn't I just have you! Haha...the time passes way too quickly.

Michelle said...

Well of course! She's advanced!

Sharon said...

she can do so much! it's so funny how picky babies can be

Betancourt Family said...

Ahh the look before...well, a little gift:) Every kid is different but it will always be something that only parents can truly appreciate...:)