Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Pregnant--I get to.

So why in the world do people who live in suburbia have dogs??? Dogs need room to run and play like a big field in the country-- not tiny enclosures. They need to be separated from other dogs so they don't sit and bark at each other all night & morning long--don't their owners lose sleep from this incessant barking? AND they need to not coax my daughter up to the fence until she is two feet away only to bark hysterically at her and make her bawl. Goodness. I like dogs but I would never have dogs here for my neighbors sake.

7 comments:

Danae said...

Our neighbors on both sides have chihuahuas and it's SO annoying! I think shock collars would be great for the dogs after 10 pm.

j e s s i e said...

I lovingly disagree. =)
I think people should be able to have dogs regardless of the amount of land they have. It puts more pressure on the owner to make sure the animal does get out and get the exercise they need. But dogs are a mans best friend after all.
I think it all comes down to training.

Rosalee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosalee said...

I also lovingly disagree. I think dogs are wonderful to have around. Yes they need room to run and play, that's why you put a fence up, and that's why you take them out for walks. I grew up with a dog from the time he and I were both babies until we were 16. Dogs teach kids a lot. I'm pretty sure I know whose dogs you are talking about. I know they are well loved and cared for. Abi will learn to love them too!

Rosalee said...

Please don't think I'm trying to be mean with my last comment. I just really feel passionate about owning a dog. David and I plan on getting a dog as soon as we get a house. My experience with my dog is something I treasure and I would love to give the same to my children. Perhaps that is what your neighbor is trying to do with his/her children. Yes dogs bark, and it isn't fair if they do it all night, but I'm sure if you talk to your neighbor they would be more than happy to help fix the problem. Love ya.

Kat said...

Dedra, I so get you here. I know you aren't really serious that no one should have a dog that lives in a neighborhood. But let's face it, if you haven't yet, YOU WILL one day face a neighbor who has a dog and allows it to bark all day/night while they're at work or gone for the evening. It is so annoying, and unfortunately, not all neighbors care that they're bothering others.

kris said...

Dedra, even after reading your disclaimer, don't worry! I am not afraid to express my feelings about dogs- I can't stand them! They lick you and bark at you and get hair everywhere and most owners think they are so cute so when their dog attacks you and climb on you, they don't even apologize or do anything to stop it!! :) I hope you are feeling well and getting more sleep