You may not be able to see it but this is the letter A that Abi drew on her finger. Yes I let Abi play with pens and 98% of the time she is good. The other 2% is when I find her drawing on her fingers. She drew this and came running at me yelling "A! A!"
Abi finding an egg at the Easter hunt at Grandmas

Getting ready to find eggs (or just run around in her pretty matching dress with her cousins)
Getting ready to find eggs (or just run around in her pretty matching dress with her cousins)
She doesn't know anything about posing...
So we had several tantrums the week before Easter all due to eggs. She is obsessed with hard boiled eggs. We finally just gave her the carton and let her have at it. She picked apart the remaining 5 0r 6 eggs and nibbled at them and then we threw the rest away and the tantrums were over.
This is Abi smiling with an egg yolk in her mouth. It doesn't make me as sick looking at it this pregnancy but if I had looked at it while pregnant with Abi I would have certainly lost it.
Our little grape bibber is so addicted to grapes. I can't ever leave them on the counter if I want to have any left over for Richard or I--she would sit there and eat them all if I let her.
She loves hats lately. Her she is playing with the homemade playdough. Let me know if you need the recipe. It is awesome stuff!
The one and only time she has let me do real pigtails in her hair. Don't you just love the whole ensemble with the stripes and wings and all?
Spring break 2009. Abi has a rock in one hand and she is stepping on my columbine. We had fun in it. I was one of the few Utahns happy to have it. We got to play in the snow one last time.
We have no need for a cat. Abi is better at making a mess with a ball of yarn any day.
Abi and I flew up to Washington last week to see my folks and sister and friends while Richard was on a business trip back east. I wouldn't do it over if I had the chance but I am glad for the most part I got to go. Here is cousin Garett:
Abi playing with the play tools.
My sister Tawni and Riley 
My friend Beth and I and our girls
Abi, Me, Garett, and Riley
My friend Beth and I and our girls
Abi and my friend Beth's little girl Emily. Abi really wasn't that much shorter than Emily, she was just slouching.
Abi and Grandpa or "Pa" as she called him in their hats.
"Why isn't there another plane to watch right now?" Abi was obsessed with watching the planes take off and land. She loved it and was upset when there wasn't a continuous stream of them. She did really well on the plane. Better than me. I didn't do well on the landings. I hope I never have to fly while pregnant again.

I didn't get any pictures of my mom on the trip. Sorry. I wasn't much of a picture taker. I was exhausted and Abi was a bit cranky for most of the trip. A BIG SORRY to REBEKAH for not seeing you for more than 20 minutes!!!! Things didn't work out so well for Abi that day and I'm sorry we didn't get to see you again. Anyway, that's all I'm posting about the trip because I took a phengren and I'm dozing off. Night.
I didn't get any pictures of my mom on the trip. Sorry. I wasn't much of a picture taker. I was exhausted and Abi was a bit cranky for most of the trip. A BIG SORRY to REBEKAH for not seeing you for more than 20 minutes!!!! Things didn't work out so well for Abi that day and I'm sorry we didn't get to see you again. Anyway, that's all I'm posting about the trip because I took a phengren and I'm dozing off. Night.
3 comments:
Abi is so cute in her Easter dress! That's really cool that she knows how to write A already. Way to go, Dedra! I'm glad you had fun on your trip! And I totally know what you mean about flying pregnant. I did it on two separate occasions while I was pregnant with William. The first time was TERRIBLE but the second time was okay.
Dedra, no worries. I know what it is like when traveling, and there are so many people to see in sucha short time. Hopefully I will get to see you this summer though. I love you and make sure you rest.
Wow, I can't believe she already knows the letter A! That's pretty amazing. Sounds like you've been keeping pretty busy. Flying with kids is not very fun. I'm glad you survived that.
Post a Comment