Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Day Off!!!!!

Yah, Richard got to take Friday off for the holiday!!! It was SOOOOOOO wonderful. He has been working so stinking hard and even had to travel back to DC a few weeks ago during which time we missed him terribly. Friday morning he played with Abi for a few hours while I got some much needed rest--shouldn't he have been resting??? Then we had a picnic up the canyon and went to bridal veil falls and waded in the water. Abi loved it. Then she fell asleep on the way home and after her nap we drove to salt lake, ate dinner, and then we finally got to go to the aquarium. She acted like a pro--she totally remembered the place and went to all the places she wanted to go. She squealed with glee again at some of the animals. I can't wait to take her to the zoo again--except for the idea of all that walking in the heat. Anyway, it was a great day and Abi was so happy to have her daddy home for the day.
The 4th was pretty fun too. Richard fixed some things around the house and we ran errands (neither of these sound fun but it was nice doing it all together) and then we went to our nephew Alec's birthday party. Abi didn't really get a nap until about 7:30 and she woke up right before the F16s flew right over head so that pretty much freaked her out (even though she loves planes). So the fireworks right after this were just about as scary and she cuddled up with grandma. How lucky to have gotten the coveted seat all night long! Richard and I both wanted to hold her, she just looked way too cute all cuddled up in grandmas arms. It was a nice weekend.

Anyway, since I'm writing a novel, I figured I'd send out a special thanks. Hopefully this individual reads this. I am so blessed with so many wonderful friends and this one friend in particular has been so sweet to me lately and always. When Richard was gone she had me over for dinner and her and her husband came and checked on us. She is constantly taking care of me and she always pampers me, which is certainly not required but she is so sweet to do it. I feel like she is always thinking of me and I just wanted to tell her how amazing I think she is. She has grown so much in her testimony and as a sweet young mother and she has such a wonderful heart. She is a crazy nutcase and I love her for it! Anyway, thanks for being you and thanks for still being my friend through another scatter-brained pregnancy! You are the best and I'm so lucky to have you as a friend!

Ok, i'm done for the night. If you actually read this all the way through, I think you're pretty cool. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I read it all the way through!! I like your novels.