Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What we (mostly I) have been up to lately

So I have been in sewing mode lately, making dresses for the girls. Unfortunately I only had an adult sized hanger downstairs and it wasn't worth going upstairs to get a kids one so some of the dresses look a little funny. Thanks to my Mother-in-law, Nancy for teaching me to sew on a machine and for my neighbors for the free fabric and patterns (my Mother-in-Law also shared fabric and patterns with me too).
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I've realized that I can actually sew something decent and I love it!
The dress below is for Abi's Birthday and was the first one I made.

This will be the baby's Christmas dress
This will be Abi's Christmas dress
This is another fun dress I made. I love, love, love this pattern
Thanks Jenna for telling me how to make the carseat cover and for the fabric from my Mother-in-Law (which is also the fabric she used on the baby's quilt. I LOVE it! She did such a good job picking out all of the fabrics. I can't wait to see it.
Abi and her bike. We got this on KSL. She LOVES it. She is obsessed with bikes and you can't beat the price we got it for. Daddy spray-painted it so it looks a bit better now. She just needs some sweet accessories.
Good thing I wasn't in charge of taking pictures the day Richard's brother David came home because this is all I took. I guess I was just too excited at the airport to pull out the camera. (for those who know, doesn't Abi kind of look like my brother Kyle in this picture?)
Pigtails and Tutus. Our baby is no longer a baby but such a little girl. (I got the tutu and shoes at a yard sale for less than a dollar)

8 comments:

kris said...

wow! way to sew! looks like fun.

Rosalee said...

Those dresses are adorable!!! Is this really your first time sewing dresses? I would never guess. They look amazing. Way to go!

Nancy T said...

Great job, Dedra! I love your frugality and the increasing of your talents. The dresses are so cute!

Nancy T said...

I really like your new background, too!

Anderson's said...

I LOVE your dresses. I am taking a sewing class in Septmeber and I am so excited!

Michelle said...

You're girls are going to be sooo cute for Christmas. I can't wait to meet the baby and see her in her new dress. Abi's bike turned out really well too. What a cute little stinker.

Anonymous said...

The dresses are so cute! I want you to show me how to make the car seat cover!

April said...

Wow those are so cute i would love to sew can you give the instructions for the care seat cover that is so cute!!