Friday, May 14, 2010

The Funeral

It is weird to say a funeral was wonderful but my Grandfather's funeral was wonderful. I felt sooooo much peace at the viewing the night before, and at the funeral and burial. Grandpa lived a great life and he was SO ready to move on. I of course miss him and always will but I can still hear him saying "Now Deedle" and I can still see him playing with the girls. I'm really glad my family was able to come and that I could interact with my siblings and most of my nieces and nephews.
Abi & her Great Grandma
The whole fam: (Grandpa wanted us to all wear white so it looked like we were all in the temple)
Eating at the luncheon. Lovely picture of me eh?
The burial:




Some Navy dudes came and played Taps (that is what its called right?) and folded the flag. It was really cool to know how valiantly Grandpa had fought for our country and how much he suffered the rest of his life because of his service. He was exposed to the bomb at Hiroshima and had undergone hundreds of surgeries over the years from the cancer that resulted.

No comments: