Sunday, May 10, 2009

Non-mothers??? WHAT!?!?!?!?

So, today someone at church said (in effect) happy mothers day to "non-mothers." I know he was trying to be nice but man is that an offensive way to put it.
I just wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to every woman I know because I FIRMLY believe that any woman who loves children--nieces, nephews, neighbors, their own children or just random children they meet--are mothers. The bearing of children does not make a woman a mother. It is the loving of children that makes a woman a mother. So, from someone whose worst day of the year for several years was Mothers Day from the rude comments and actions of untold people I say Happy Mothers Day to anyone who may have had a rough day.

Anyway, my day was great. Richard has just been treating me even more sweetly all week and yesterday he gave me a cd of Norah Jones--I love her music and HE HATES IT so that makes it even sweeter! This morning he let me sleep in and I got a shower alone! He gave Abi a bath while I made breakfast---and don't think this is a bad thing. I LOVED to be able to make what I wanted for breakfast and that I didn't have to give Abi a bath. It was wonderful. The poor guy didn't feel so well today and he took a cranky Abi home after sacrament. They were asleep when I got home so I got a lunch alone and a nap--which were both very nice! At dinner he watched the kids at grandmas so we could all relax. He was soooo exhausted afterward. Anyway, thanks hunny for a wonderful day. I really enjoyed the alone time and the card from Abi!

3 comments:

Jennifer Rae said...

Those with a Mother's heart know that being called a non-mother is just a way to be understanding of something they don't understand.

史麥琳 said...

Dear Dedra and Richard,
Hello, this is Pauline from Taiwan, I email you last week, I hope you got it and you can know I am so sorry and miss you all.
Please email back me. Thank you so much!

April said...

I am glad to hear that you had a nice mother's day and that you were able to get some rest. I am also glad to hear that you pregnancy is going well so far. here is to hoping you won't get to tired or worn out:)