The girls slept so well last night. Hallelujah! We figured we wouldn't get any sleep as our girls are not used to sleeping anywhere but home. It was nice being an hour ahead from our time zone because we were ready to go before the park even opened. We ate an awesome free breakfast at our hotel--(hotel post to follow) and headed across the street to the park. It is such a short walk.
We went to astro blasters, then the fairies, then I fed Kate while Daddy and Abi went on the flying rocket thing and explored toon town. I guess Abi gave Minnie a hug but didn't want to have anything to do with Mickey. We ate our sack lunch in toon town and the explored some more. Abi ran off chasing a bird through toon town. We went to its a small world and then to Futureland where we again chased birds and we even found a duck and followed it around. I love how the birds at disneyland let you get so close to them. I'm sure it will be one of her favorite parts.
I know some people think it is stupid to spend so much money to go to Disneyland when they end up liking things like the birds or the pool at the hotel more. Other people think it is stupid to take young children who won't be able to remember into their adult lives. I totally disagree. I don't care if they remember this when they are old. I don't care what I paid for Abi to have enjoyed the birds or to see Kate enjoy the flowers. We are getting out as a family away from work, home, and LIFE. We're having an adventure. Sometimes you have to get far enough away from home so you can rely on each other and experience something new. Nope, they probably won't remember this in a few months but I don't care. We WILL. We are having fun with our little girls and fun with each other and that is what is important.
Anyway, back to story line. Richard let me go on Space Mountain. I don't know if I can handle rides anymore. Having kids has just changed my body so much I don't know if "thrill seeking" will ever be the same again. It was fun but not so cool to go alone. I missed Richard but he was sweet to let me go.
We went to the Tiki room. Kate and Abi seemed to enjoy it. We rode Pirates TWICE because Abi wanted to. I figured she would hate it. She constantly suprises me. Then we rode the jungle cruise and headed for the hotel for dinner. It started raining on the way back and we ended up just watching a movie and eating in. I took Abi to the pool after it had rained and we stayed in about 2 minutes. She LOVED it though and had so much fun. We went back to the room and took a bath (in our bathing suits) in the tub. Then Kate joined us and then off to bed again.
It was such a beautiful day! The weather was perfect (until the time we left) and the longest we waited for anything was 30 minutes to see the fairies this morning. Everything else was around 5 minutes or less. It was awesome! The girls were perfect. The weather was perfect. It was fun.
Waiting to see the Fairies:


I think this was supposed to be Faun. Abi liked her well enough, but notice that there are no pictures of her and Tinkerbelle. She didn't want to have anything to do with her or Terrence.





No comments:
Post a Comment