Monday, April 12, 2010

How did they make it this long...

is probably what a lot of people are thinking. Suprisingly enough though, Richard and I have made it together for 7 years. Poor guy. I know I wasn't the best choice for Richard but he DID pick me and I'm grateful. I know he got the short end of the stick but it was his choice. Despite the fact that I have "corrupted" him and I know some people wish he had married someone better, he is stuck with me.
I've loved being married to Richard. I think he is awesome and what a catch! He must have been drugged while we were dating though--there were so many better options and why he chose me we'll probably never know.
Regardless, I'm in love and here's hoping for plenty more years ahead.

7 comments:

Kat said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! And Dedra, I'm about 100% certain that you have totally sold yourself short in this post. And I guarantee you that Richard knows why he married you...and I HOPE he's mad at you when he reads this post ;-)

Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary! (its the anniversary song, so sing it!) Seven in Heaven huh? That's awesome! I think you need to give yourself some more credit than what you are budgeting for. I know why he married you. Its your apple pie! (and some other stuff!)

lamack said...

Wahoo!!! Congrats you guys. And Dedra, you need to go do some mirror talk right now!! The trick is to remind your spouse as often as is necessary how lucky they are to have found you. I do that with Lamon all the time. I just figure that if I tell him he is lucky enough times, at some point I will brainwash him into believing it! :)

Unknown said...

Sheesh Dedra! We all know why richard chose you! You were perfect for him, that's why. We love you and can't imagine anyone else for him! NO one would ever compare and I am sure he agrees with me. Congrats on your anniversary! And kiss those nieces of mine for me.

Stephanie said...

Hey dedra i'd love to do your fam pics! thanks for volunteering! remember im no pro so don't expect a million dollar job. ;) just email me at beanphotography@hotmail.com and we can figure out a time. thanks steph!

Nancy T said...

We're so glad that Richard chose you. You've been a blessing to him and to us too. You are wonderful, loving and talented (not to mention how you can really stretch a dollar). Happy Anniversary!

literaqueen said...

Yeah, stop smack talking yourself on your blog! (Only do it in private, silly . . .) You are amazing-- and look at your beautiful children!