Sunday, May 2, 2010

Love you Grandpa!

This is the last picture I took of my paternal Grandfather. He passed away this morning. I'm happy for him. He was ready. He'd lived a good life. He'd had more than his fair share of health issues and hundreds of resulting surgeries. I'm really grateful we live where we do so I could get to know him and my Grandmother better. My favorite memories of him are from the last few years in watching him interact with Abi and Kate. Man, did he love playing with Abi. She'd climb onto his lap and just love him. She'd give him kisses--occasionally some to grandma too and was just so excited when he came to visit. I'm grateful for him and of course I'll miss him terribly. I wish in one sense I could have seen him again but I think I would wish that again and again. Eventually we all have to go. He was at peace. His life should be a reason to celebrate. Love you Grandpa! I'll always be your Deedle.

3 comments:

kris said...

Grandparents are the best! thinking of you and your family.

Nancy T said...

It's so hard to lose a grandparent. I'm sorry for you, but happy for him. Can I watch the girls for you when you go to the funeral?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Grandparents are wonderful! Let me know if you need anything!!!