Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tag, you're it!

So I’ve been tagged. Here are 7 things you may not know about me:

I grew up watching mystery shows like Columbo, Murder She Wrote, Magnum PI, and CSI with my mom. In high school I started thinking about realistic career choices. I joined FBLA and decided I wanted to be a business woman, but part of me wanted to go into crime scene investigating. I started out at BYU exploring both. I preferred going into crime scene investigating but I figured I would never be emotionally able to have a family. So I stopped taking psych classes and focused on business. Who would have thought though that I would get my degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development (the same degree I made fun of my freshman year because so many of the freshman girls took those classes because they wanted to get married—I however didn’t take any until after we were married).

You may not know that I have tendonitis in my wrists, arms, shoulders and neck. I worked as a seamstress for Beehive Clothing where I received my lovely lifelong pains. Will you all promise me that you will always wash your clothes—especially underclothing before wearing them. I don’t want to scare you but I saw some things that would make you cringe if you have ever worn new clothes without washing them first.

If I could have anything I wanted right now I would not be sick and I would be on a date with just Richard and I. That would be nice. 4 ½ months without any alone time has made me go crazy.

If I were to pick a decade to live in I would have to pick the 50’s. I would love to have a pastel retro kitchen and get my groceries delivered to my door. I would have a pink 1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible and matching pink polka dot knee length short-sleeved dress with matching polka dot scarf.

If someone gave me a million dollars tomorrow, the only things I would buy would be a new wardrobe and probably a trip for the three of us to Taiwan and China. I would keep the same vehicles, the same house, and I think I would be totally content. Can you imagine how it would feel to be debt free? I think Richard would buy some new computer parts and probably a new microwave (he has hated ours since we got it after our wedding. He has every right to hate it—it is absolutely pathetic.) He would probably want to get an ‘08 F350 but it wouldn’t fit in the garage and neither one of us would want to give up our house and plus—who wants to move?

I think everyone has at least a little tiny bit of OCD. I’m OCD about drawers or cupboards ajar—I HAVE to close them.

Probably the most embarrassing thing about my growing up years was that I was a cheerleader in Junior High for basketball and football. The dancing and stunts were fun but I actually hated cheering. I wouldn’t ever yell unless my “coach” walked by because I was afraid I’d loose my singing voice. Our “team” was pretty good though—we did take first place in dance and cheer at some competition (I can’t remember the competition because it was that eventful).


I tag Jenna, April, Rebekah, Rachelle, my Mom, cousin Kim, and cousin Whitney. Write 7 things about yourself that you can stand to share with the world and then tag 7 others. (since 5 of you don’t have blogs yet, you can send it out over email.)

3 comments:

Nora Mair said...

I can't believe her teeth! I'm with you on a new wordrobe--lots of pokadot anything, who cares if it's 2008.

Michelle said...

I would love to live in the 50's. I'm totally with you on the grocery delivery thing. And no car seats, people didn't lock their doors, and everything was made with durable materials. Not to mention the clothes and music!

Kim said...

I loved learning more about you! Believe it or not, I was a cheerleader for football at one time as well. It was one of those little league things.