A little after midnight on the 19th, I heard Abi walking around in the kitchen. She was so excited and was all ready to go to Disneyland. We woke the girls up a few hours later and headed off. Abi and Kate both woke up after we put them in the car and were awake for a while. Abi seemed to enjoy looking at the stars and Kate probably enjoyed looking at Abi? Who knows. During our first potty stop, I asked Abi if she was excited. She did a little dance and kind of hid her face as she said yes--hiding the fact of how excited she was! Cutie. We stopped in St. George to go see the temple. A nice Senior Missionary was eager to take our picture. At lease you can see all 4 of us were in the picture. :)
Then we drove to the outskirts of Vegas and ate lunch (we ate, Abi played) at a park. I LOVE the canopies at the parks in Vegas and California. Utah needs them too! We were going to stop at the Calico ghost town but Abi was out at that point so we stoped in Baker instead for an early dinner and then drove to our hotel.
The girls were wonderful--actually almost perfect. At every stop we let Abi open a present - most were movies, a few luxury candy items like ring pops and a pez and I also got her a mini etch a sketch and a crayola light board (awesome by the way). We didn't hear a peep from her until the last 10 minutes when she said a few times that she wanted to go to the park. Kate got a few new toys and she was super happy. The last 2 hours she started to fuss a little but it was pretty darn good considering we had been traveling for 10 hours already and she is still a baby. They are wonderful!
I really enjoyed our driving day. It was actually relaxing and enjoyable. We really wanted to have fun and "find joy in our journey," and we totally did. It was still long but it wasn't really that long. And, the girls went right down when we put them to bed. They are angels!
The sun was in their eyes. I don't blame Abi for not wanting to look:

Cutie Pie:
We're getting closer to having a picture of all 4 of us. 3 of us are looking at the camera and only a portion of us are cut off. :)
Kate sitting up so straight. Isn't she so prim and proper? Except for the fact she's naked. Oh well. :) I just love her baby skin! You can only guess why she was wearing no clothes...

4 comments:
So fun! We are thinking of taking the girls to CA to visit my sister and figured the ride would be horrible but you've inspired me. What time did you leave in the morning?
Looks like you had a great time!
What fun! You did such good planning, Dedra. I love the idea of a gift to open at the rest stops. You and Richard are wonderful parents and I'm glad you got to have this adventure with your family. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and also the description of your trip. We love you!
Actually this and the last post under "MIchelle" is from Me (Mom Tregaskis).
Post a Comment